Darksiders Genesis is an action/adventure game that sees players tear their way through hordes of demons, angels, and everything in-between on its way to Hell and back with guns blazing and swords slashing. Genesis gives the player their first look at the world of Darksiders before the events of the original game took place, as well as introducing the new horseman Strife!
From the dawn of creation, THE COUNCIL has maintained the Balance across existence. Carrying out their orders are THE HORSEMEN, Nephilim (powerful beings spawned from the unnatural union of angels and demons) who have pledged themselves in allegiance to the Council and have been granted unmeasurable power. However, this power came at a steep cost: the Horsemen were ordered to use their newfound strength to wipe out the rest of their own kind. What followed was a bloody battle on Eden which has the Horsemen, obeying the will of the Council, fighting against and killing their own Nephelim kind.
- Blast angels and demons as the gunslinging Horseman Strife, playable for the first time
- Swap between the powerful swordsman War and Strife instantly in frenetic, single-player gameplay
- Explore the epic world of Darksiders and wreak havoc with a friend in two-player cooperative mode
- Experience a brand new story campaign that takes place before the original Darksiders, exploring the origin of the Seven Seals
- Grow in strength and power as you collect items, abilities, weapon enhancements, creature cores and more
Still reeling from the events on Eden, the horsemen War and Strife have been given a new assignment – Lucifer, the dark and deceptive demon king, has been plotting to upset the Balance by granting power to master demons throughout Hell. War and Strife’s objective is to hunt down these masters, gather information, and ultimately fight and survive their way through a twisted, demonic conspiracy that threatens to forever upset the Balance of all life and Creation.